Chef Fred's Griddled Crimson Sandwich
Makes Two Sandwiches
2 large Crimson tomatoes from Lipman Family Farms, sliced thick (about ½ inch)
4 thick slices ciabatta bread
1 cup arugula
½ cup shaved manchego cheese
1 dozen sliced pimento stuffed olives
¼ cup red onion, thin julienne slices
1 stalk celery, small dices
1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs plus 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan.
2. When hot, add tomato slices with a little salt and pepper.
3. Sautee until slightly caramelized.
4. Remove from pan.
5. Toast bread in same pan.
6. Remove bread when toasted and rub garlic clove into toasted bread.
7. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl.
8. Assemble sandwich.