Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbs unsalted sweet butter at room temperature
2 tbs avocado fully ripened and mashed
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk
12 tbs cajeta
Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with paper or foil liners, and set aside.
- Sift into a bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use hand-held mixer on medium-high speed to cream together the butter, Avocado, and sugar until they are light and fluffy, 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, and the vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternating with the milk and ending with flour.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Unmold cupcakes and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out about 1 tablespoon from each cupcake, taking care to keep it in a ball. Spoon 1 tablespoon of cajeta into the cavity in each cupcake. Replace the scooped out ball to cover the filling. Place the powdered sugar in a strainer and dust the cupcakes lightly. Serve cupcakes the day they are made.