gotcha organic oranges?
gotcha organic lemons?
gotcha organic avocados?
gotcha organic limes?
gotcha organic grapefruit?
Get your gotcha™ brand citrus and avocados exclusively
at the Anthony Marano Company. Packaged fresh daily.
Conventional and USDA certified organic citrus and
avocados are available in our exclusive Gotcha™ brand.
Packaging created for both vertical and horizontal shelving orientations.
Candied Lemon Peel
2 cups sugar
additional sugar for coating the lemon peel
- Cut the ends off each lemon, and then cut the lemon in half length-wise. Pull the peel back from the fruit. Reserve the fruit for juicing later. Use a spoon to scrape any remaining pieces of fruit left on the rind.
- Cut the rind into 1/2 to ¼ inch thick slices. Place the slices in a large saucepan. Fill the pan with water to cover the lemon peels. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and discard the water. Refill the pan with water to cover the peel, and bring to a boil again. Then discard the water. Repeat this process for a total of 4 times.
- Add 2 cups of sugar to the drained, boiled lemon peel. Refill the pan to cover the peels again, adding about 2 cups of water. Return the pan to the heat, and bring to a simmer over medium-high. Reduce the heat to maintain the simmer, and let cook for about 60 to 75 minutes. It is done when the lemon peel begins to turn translucent.
- Place a baking rack over a paper towel lined baking sheet. Strain the lemon peel from the oil and place the peel in a single layer on the baking sheet. Let drain for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place some sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Add the lemon peel a few pieces at a time and toss in the sugar to coat. Return the peel in a single layer on the baking sheet to dry. Let dry completely, preferably overnight. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 to 3 weeks.