Blueberry Lemon Fruit Leather
Homemade fruit leather makes a great natural snack. This version combines fresh blueberries, lemon juice and lemon zest for a delicious berry-citrus flavor. It takes a while to prepare, but the process needs little attention as the fruit dries in a warm oven.
3 cups fresh blueberries
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
1 to 2 tbs of sugar to taste (optional)
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees F. Line a baking sheet (about 17 x 11 inches) with a silicone baking mat, microwave safe plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- In a blender, puree the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar (if using) until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the puree onto the lined baking sheet. Use an offset spatula to spread the puree in an even, thin layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and dry for 6 ½ to 7 hours. The fruit leather is done when it is firm, no longer sticky and can be pulled away from the lining of the baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Pull the fruit leather away from the pan liner. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
TIME TO TABLE:
10 minutes prep, 7 hours drying.
Recipe courtesy of Wonderful Citrus.