Strawberry Crepes with Greek Yogurt Creme
Leftover crepes can be refrigerated or frozen. After crepes have cooled completely, stack and store in seal-able plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.
1 ½ cups low-fat milk
2 tbs butter, melted
½ tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 ounces cream cheese
2 tbs cane sugar
3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and melted and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and a pinch of salt. Slowly add in the flour to the milk mixture and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the Greek yogurt, cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk using hand-beaters until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat a small non-stick pan or crepe pan over medium heat. Add butter to coat or spray with cooking spray. Pour 1 generous ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 20 seconds and remove to a cutting board or flat surface. Continue until all batter is gone.
- To assemble, dollop 1 heaping tablespoon of filling onto the crepes and roll. Continue with rest of crepes. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries and serve immediately.