Chef Fred's Succotash
1 medium onion, diced
2 small red bell peppers, diced
4 ears of corn, shucked and cut from cob
1 lb fava beans, blanched and shucked
8 oz bacon, diced small
1 zucchini, diced
8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
1 bunch parsley, chopped
½ tbs fresh sage, chopped
½ tbs fresh thyme, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 oz bourbon
salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon until rendered and crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan, leave fat.
- Return pan to heat and sauté onions, peppers, and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add corn, zucchini, and bacon to pan and cook until zucchini starts to soften.
- Add fava beans, tomatoes, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Deglaze with bourbon (take off the flame before doing this or else you’ll burn your eyebrows off).
- Adjust seasoning and serve.