2 cups kumquats, cleaned and chopped
1.5 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced and crushed
1 whole cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp salt
- In a large pot combine all ingredients and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Turn on burner and place on high, after the ingredients reach a boil, keep boiling for 5 minutes and then reduce to medium heat. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir frequently, about every 5 minutes to prevent ingredients from sticking to bottom of pot and burning.
- Remove from heat and discard solid spices.
- After mixture cools, place in sterilized mason jars.