Chef Fred's Ham and Sweet Potato Hash
One of our favorite go to recipes. Filling and easy to start your day.
3 large sweet potatoes
4 large Idaho/Russet potatoes
Salt and pepper
- Steam or boil Idaho/Russet potatoes until just tender, let cool slightly and peel. Cool completely and dice.
- Roast or steam sweet potatoes until just tender, let cool slightly and peel. Cool completely and dice.
- Dice ham equal size of potatoes.
- In a hot pan add butter, then Idaho/Russet potatoes.
- After a few seconds add sweet potatoes.
- Add ham when potatoes begin to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Hash is finished when desired potato crispness is reached.
- Serve plain or with your favorite style eggs.