Gluten-Free Vegan Peach-Walnut Muffins
3/4 cup mashed Summeripe Yellow Peaches, about 2 very ripe peaches
1/4 cup Summeripe Yellow Peach puree, about 2 very ripe peaches
3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 1/2 tbs canola oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp light agave nectar
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, cinnamon and salt.
- To make the peach puree, skin and slice 2 peaches then place in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mashed peaches and peach puree with the brown sugar, oil, vanilla and agave.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated, then stir in half of the walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each one three-quarters full. Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the muffins are golden and a toothpick tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool slightly before serving.