Pure Bliss Apple Ginger Scones
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbs cold butter
2 Gala apples, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cup candied ginger, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter into the flour mixture. Stir.
- Add chopped Gala apples and candied ginger.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg, cream and lemon zest. Gently mix into apple mixture. Stir until dough forms.
- Knead dough 6 times.
- Place on parchment paper, form into an 8 inch round. About 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until just lightly golden. Cool slightly.
- Combine glaze ingredients, drizzle over scones.