This fall classic is quite easy to prepare from scratch, try it fresh instead of store bought this year.
Pie pastry for a 9 inch pie pan.
2 cups freshly cooked Pie Pumpkin, seeded, peeled, mashed (Tip – for a deeper flavor, roast or grill pumpkin)
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1⁄4 tsp salt
3 1/4 tsp
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
3 large eggs, beaten lightly
1(12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1⁄2 cup skim milk
For Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
(all ground spices)
3 tbs cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 ½ tsp allspice
1 ½ tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a 9 inch, deep, glass pie plate with the pie pastry.
- Add spice blend, salt and sugar to cooked pumpkin.
- Lightly beat eggs together with both milks, then add to the cooked pumpkin mixture. Stir well.
- Pour filling into pie shell. Bake at 400°F for 50 minutes.
- Chill pie overnight to serve. Store refrigerated.