Caramel Apple Pecan Cheesecake
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup pecans, ground
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbs sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup caramel sauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup Michigan Ida Red apples, cubed
4-5 Michigan Ida Red apples
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 1/2 cup water
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup pecans
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Mix the crust ingredients until crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan; prick with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375 degree oven for 10 – 15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven; reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and salt at low speed until smooth, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add eggs one at a time scraping the bowl between additions. Stir in the caramel sauce, cream and apples.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 40 minutes. Reduce the heat to 300 degrees and bake 15 minutes more until the edges of the cake are set.
- Turn off the oven, crack the door and let the cake cool in the oven for 1 hour. Then cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Place cheesecake on a plate & remove sides.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add water; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apples are tender, about 6 – 8 minutes. Cool.
- Spread mixture over cheese cake; drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with nuts.