A simple, hearty meal with mushrooms as the main focus!
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 fresh garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 pound beef sirloin steak
3 cups thin, short egg noodles (cooked)
2 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced (try shitake, baby bella, cremini or porcini)
2 white onions, diced
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup flour
- Cut beef in strips, across the grain. Dredge in flour and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook mushrooms, onions and butter over medium heat until onions are tender. Remove from heat.
- Cook beef in same skillet until browned.
- Stir in 1 cup of the broth, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix remaining broth and flour together and add to beef mixture.
- Add onion mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in sour cream and cook until hot.
- Serve immediately over noodles.