Red and Yellow Bell Pepper Omelet
1 tsp olive oil
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp black ground pepper
2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm oil; add red and
yellow bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes.
Keep warm over low heat.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together egg whites, basil, and ground
- Coat a small nonstick pan with nonstick cooking spray. Warm over
medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add half of the egg mixture, swirling
the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook for 30 seconds or until the
eggs are set.
- Carefully loosen and flip. Cook for 1 minute or until firm.
- Sprinkle half of the red and yellow bell peppers over the eggs. Fold
to enclose the filling. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, peppers, and cheese. Serve hot.