Sweet Potato and Pepper Hash
This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch or even as a side dish for dinner. Mix it up a little by using either sweet or savory potatoes. We like using multi-colored fingerlings too! Spice it up with your favorite hot chili pepper!
1 lb sweet or savory potatoes (almost any kind of potato works in this recipe)
1 small onion
4-5 mini sweet peppers, red, yellow, orange or green
1 small Serrano or jalapeno pepper
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes and keep separate from other ingredients.
- Dice onion and peppers.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Start with the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook until they are golden brown on both sides and cooked about half way through. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions, if desired, season with salt and pepper again and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are cooked completely and the onions and peppers are tender. This will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve! (Add a fried egg on top for a classic presentation.)