20 oz okra, frozen and cut
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
3-4 medium size Roma tomatoes, diced, unsalted
1 jalapeno pepper, fresh, pierced 3 times with a forth
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Rinse okra in a colander under hot water.
2. Heat oil in 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Saute onion for about 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes (including juice) and jalapeno pepper and bring to a boil. Sitr the mixture for 8 minutes.
4. Add okra and cook until okra is tender (about 5 minutes).
5. Stir in salt and pepper and discard the jalapeno pepper. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of FruitsAndVeggiesMoreMatters.org.